Scottish Whisky Tour Package
Here at The Four Seasons Hotel in Perthshire we love a dram or two of whisky in the evening by the fire or sitting out beside our loch. It’s the taste of Scotland that lingers on the tastebuds and in the memory, like a powerful friendship, long after you’ve left us.
So we thought we’d take advantage of our location in the Perthshire highlands, Scotland to introduce you to our neighbours – Glenturret, Edradour, Aberfeldy – some of the most famous names in the world of malt whisky distilling. Glenturret is one of the malts that go into the Famous Grouse blend and Aberfeldy into Dewars. These masters of the art of whisky making will show you exactly how it is that grain, yeast, Scottish highland water and oak slowly and deliberately alchemise into the amber-coloured water of life that we eventually pour into your glass.
This is a suggested itinerary for a day that will entertain, inspire and inform (but don’t worry: we don’t actually test you on it at the end…)
• Depart from The Four Seasons Hotel after a hearty Scottish breakfast
• Visit Glenturret Distillery, the spiritual home of the world’s most famous whisky bird. Glenturret is Scotland’s oldest distillery and also a major constituent of Famous Grouse, Britain’s favourite blended whisky. We think the Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret is one of the best whisky visitor centres in Scotland.
• Optional stop for lunch in the charming Scottish highland town of Pitlochry
• Next, move on to Edradour, the smallest distillery in Scotland. It traces its history back to the beginning of legal whisky production in the highlands in 1825, and still uses some very traditional, quaint equipment
• For our third stop there’s a choice: if whisky is, by now, in your veins, we recommend heading for Aberfeldy Distillery, home of Dewars World of Whisky and the malt that lies at the heart of Dewars White Label blend; or finish the day with a visit to Blair Castle, the Dukes of Atholl’s splendid, white ancestral castle; or go for retail therapy at House of Bruar where you can pick up highland cheeses, meats and other Scottish provender, fine cashmere, well-cut tweeds and all kinds of gorgeous gifts
• Return via the scenic Queen’s View over Loch Tummel, just in time for a long, deep bath and the promise of dinner in our award-winning Perthshire hotel restaurant and a final dram to send you to sleep
Please call for the cost of this tailor made tour which can run with two or more people, including all distillery visits and tours. Lunch and other refreshment stops are optional extras.
Alternatively, take advantage of our two day Whisky Break in Perthshire, Scotland priced from £149 (chalet) per person. This package includes a sumptuous four course Dinner, with a complimentary Glenturret nightcap, two nights Bed and full Scottish Breakfast and a Malt Tasting Tour at the nearby Famous Grouse Whisky Experience at the Glenturret Distillery.
We recommend booking the Scotch whisky distillery tour in Perthshire, Scotland, when you make your hotel reservation with us, so that we can ensure availability. To be notified of any new breaks we are offering, please sign up to our newsletter.